Thursday, October 9, 2008

Money, money, money ... HUH?

Allow me to rant for a moment ...

Since when is personal financial accountability optional? I'm genuinely sorry for the people who are stuck with bad mortgages, but seriously, if you make $30k a year, what makes you think you can afford a half-million dollar McMansion?

That people who over-estimated their worth or lack a sense of fiscal reality are going to get a free pass gets my irish up ... Gina and I bought a house in the suburbs that was a little out of our price range, but we knew if we were smart about our finances, we would be OK ... and we are. I want a bailout, too, tho. Why are people who consistently pay their mortgage on time being punished for being fiscally responsible? IT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!

I understand that it's for the good of the entire economy, but why are we here in the first place?

No comments: